I’ll be moving to Denmark for a semester in a couple of months’ time, and I am very much looking forward to it!
I’ve already bought myself a travel guide from lonely planet, which I found useful and have taken so many notes in my notebook for Denmark to have the most important information all written together.
I definitely want to visit Copenhagen being the capital. I have a couple of things I’d love to see there:
- Tivoli, which is a normal park, an amusement park, it offers many resturants and entertainment in form of music, dance and theatre
- Nationalmuseet which is the National museum
- Churches (Marmorkirken, Sankt Petri Kirke, Vor Frelsers Kirke)
- The Royal Stables at Christiansborg Palace and the Palace itself
- Castles and palaces (Amalienborg Slot, Rosenborg Slot)
- Parks (Kongens Have, Botanisk Have)
- Copenhagen Zoo
- Tycho Brahe Planetarium
Fünen is the region where I will be staying
- Odense (Zoo, Sankt Knuds Kirke, Odense Aafahrt, Hans Christian Andersen Hus)
- Egeskov Slot
- Sejlskibsbroen (Pier in Svendborg)
The rest of Denmark
- Kronborg Slot, Sankt Olai Domkirke (Helsingør)
- Frederiksborg Slot (Hillerød)
- The Beach at Hornbaek looks very nice
- Schackenborg (Møgeltønder)
- Aarhus (Botanisk Have, Aarhus Domkirke, Aarhus Radhus, Marselisborg)
I’m looking forward to my time in Demark, especially the small villages and the mentality of the inhabitants! Denmark is said to be one of the happiest countries and I want to experience this kindness.
If there are points on my list you think are not worth visiting or if you have more ideas, apps, for me, please let me know! I would love to hear your experiences!
Have a nice evening!